Section H – Handicraft
Entries accepted the day before the Show at the Sofala Showground.
Entries MUST be lodged by 10.30am on Saturday 26th February 2022.
Entries will be taken at the Showground on the Friday 25th February 2022, between 9.00am and 12.00 noon.
Late entries will NOT be accepted.
• Craft entries can be left at Bathurst Fabric and Trims, 82 Piper Street, Bathurst Phone 6331 6149 by 11am,
Thursday 24th February 2022. Large entries must be delivered personally to the Showground.
• All work must be original work of exhibitor, clean, but not laundered. Work must not have been entered in the
Sofala Show previously and must have been finished in the last two years.
• All care will be taken, no responsibility accepted.
• THE DECISION OF THE JUDGE/S IS FINAL.
• Prize money to be collected at the Show office.
• 1st place -$5 – 2nd place – $3.
CHIEF STEWARDS: JENNY NOTT 0428 102 312 AND ALICE DRYBURGH.
OPEN – $2.00 PER ITEM ENTERED.
SENIOR CITIZENS SECTION – $1.00 PER ITEM ENTERED.
1. Table centre, duchess set or table runner
2. Coat hanger
3. Milk jug cover with beads
4. Baby’s set – 2 or 3 pieces
5. Baby’s shawl
6. Child’s garment
7. Adults garment
8. Cot or pram cover
9. Afghan or throw rug
12. Any item made from hand-spun yarn
13. Adults shawl or shoulder throw
14. Any item not mentioned
15. Baby’s set – 2 or 3 pieces
16. Baby’s shawl
17. Child’s garment
18. Lady’s jumper or cardigan
19. Man’s jumper or cardigan
22. Any item made from hand-spun yarn
23. Adult’s shawl or shoulder throw
24. Any item not mentioned
25. Embroidered supper or table cloth (any size)
26. Embroidered table centre
27. Patchwork, quilt
28. Patchwork, any other item
29. Applique, any item
30. Quilted item (excluding patchwork quilt)
31. Dressmaking, any item (adult or child)
32. Handbag/Carry bag (any fabric)
33. Creative sewing
34. Tapestry, framed
35. Long Stitch, framed
36. Counted Cross Stitch, framed
37. Cross Stitch, any other item
38. Any item not mentioned
NOVELTIES AND TOYS
39. Cushion, any medium
40. Fabric painting or printing, any item
41. Toy, any work
42. Bear, hand or machine made
43. Woodwork, any item
44. Dressed doll
45. Decoupage, any item
46. Single page of Scrap Booking (must be in plastic sleeve)
47. Double page of Scrap Booking (must be in plastic sleeve)
48. Jewellery, strung (must be able to be worn)
49. Jewellery, any other work (must be able to be worn)
50. Any item not mentioned
51. Leather work, any item
52. Pottery, any item
53. Ceramics, any item
54. Beading, any item
Entrants 70 years of age and over
55. Knitting, any item
56. Crochet, any item
57. Embroidery, any item
58. Any item not mentioned
CHAMPION NOVELTIES AND TOYS
CHAMPION OTHER CRAFT WORK
CHAMPION SENIOR CITIZENS
MOST SUCCESSFUL EXHIBITOR OPEN
HANDICRAFT SECTION – TROPHY AND RIBBON
MOST SUCCESSFUL EXHIBITOR SENIOR
CITIZENS SECTION – TROPHY AND RIBBON
GRAND CHAMPION EXHIBIT IN THE HANDICRAFT SECTION – TROPHY AND RIBBON
Crocheted or Knitted Square. Must be 8 ply yarn, and 8 inches square.
There will be NO ENTRY FEE, but all squares will be retained and joined to make a blanket which will be donated to
charity for a raffle.
Any colour or combination of colours can be used.
Prizes will be awarded in various categories, so let your imagination run wild!!
All entries to have a label with entrant’s name.